SMASH Make A Musical Constructed by Lowe’s
SMASH Make A Musical Constructed by Lowe’s Improving School Theaters Application Program Administered by iTheatrics
NBC’s ‘SMASH’ Make A Musical Program works to build self-sustaining musical theater programs in under-served school across the nation. During its first year, the program has:
- Provided 640 hours of on-site, teacher training.
- Engaged over 1,000 children nationwide in rehearsals for their very first musical.
- Ensured 13,000 plus children have new access to quality arts programs.
- Built an audience of over 52,000 people cheering the accomplishments of young performers!
YEAR TWO OVERVIEW
During the second year of the program, iTheatrics is offering five schools the opportunity to improve their school theater through a brand new initiative, NBC’s “Smash” Make a Musical Constructed by Lowe’s. This program provides direct funding to schools to be used toward improving their existing performance space to better serve their students and arts programs.
- Provide needed funding to schools to improve their physical performance space
- Supporting the improvement of a performance space that will help schools build a strong community through the arts, including the students, teachers, staff, parents, and the community at large
Congratulations to our grand prize winners!
- Central Magnet School – Murfreesboro, TN
- Scholars’ Academy – Rockaway Park, NY
- Lawrence High School – Cedarhurst, NY
- Montevideo Middle School – Penn Laird, VA
- Sherman Oaks Center For Enriched Studies – Tarzana, CA